Sunday, May 16, 2010

Do you know where your food is coming from?




Are you eating food from China and giving your kids juice from China without even knowing it? I was outraged when I found out that the juice and foods that I eat and feed to my children are from China. There have already been many instances of tainted seafood, poisoned baby formula, poisoned toothpaste and poisoned dog food from China. Yet, American companies still sell us food products from China.

Del Monte really makes me angry. I thought they were an American company I could trust. Especially after they were one of the companies that had to recall dog food and dog treats for being tainted. You would think they cleaned up their act but you would be wrong. Now I find that my jars of Del Monte Sun Fresh Mandarin oranges are all from China! What are they thinking? It's all about making money, no matter what the risk to people. Beware of their fruit cups too, the Mandarin oranges and peaches are from China. I also found my cans of Madam Mandarin oranges (purchased at Walgreens) are also from China. Word to the wise, avoid Mandarin oranges period.

Think juice drinks are healthy for your kids? Did you know that most apple juice is from China? Have a look at Capri Sun. You'll have to look really hard to find the tiny imprint that tells you that their apple juice is from China. Juicy Juice's label says it's juice is from Argentina. Mott's apple juice, you'll need to get your magnifying glass out to find the tiny China on the label. These companies deliberately try to hide the fact that their juice is from China. Talk about a snake in the grass, I just bought two large apple juices from BJ's Wholesale Club of their store brand Berkley & Jensen. I looked all over the bottles to see where the juice was from and on the back is says "Made in the USA". I was really excited thinking I had found a brand of juice I could feel safe about giving my children. It wasn't until I went to pour my daughter a glass that I noticed carefully hidden in between the design of the bottles shape was stamped "Concentrate from Argentina/China". You can bet I will be returning it for a refund and they are going to get an earful from me both in person and by email. I do not appreciate a store trying to deceive me like this and I will not be renewing my BJ's membership if this is the sort of dirty pool they play.

Beware!! BJ's Berkley & Jensen brand apple juice leads you to believe you are getting juice made in the US with this tricky label!


Here are just a few of the reports about foods from China.

Vietnam Receives Contaminated Fruit from China
Apple Juice: As American As Anything From China
FDA Detains Contaminated Seafood from China
Contaminated Green Tea from China
Imported Foods Rarely Inspected
Greenpeace Finds Highly Toxic Fruits & Vegetables
Tainted Pork, Chicken and Fish

Solution? Try to find local orchards that make their own apple juice. Buy locally grown fruits and vegetables.

Brands to look for:

For apple juice try Martinelli's brand apple juice. So far they are the only brand of apple juice I have been able to find that is grown in the US.

For orange juice look for Florida's Naturals which is 100% percent Florida orange juice.

Also visit US Grown Foods website.

Always CHECK the labels of everything before buying. Companies do make production changes so please check before buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment